All feelings are okay. It’s what we do with our feelings that matters.
We all need a little help sometimes. My practice offers parent consultation, support and counseling. As a family systems oriented therapist, I offer tools and strategies to help you better understand, communicate, and connect with your child, teen or adult family member. Whatever the issue at hand, we can identify and work on solving it together in a supportive, compassionate and encouraging manner.
Below are some of the ways that I can help support you as a parent:
- Increase your ability to identify and process emotions effectively.
- Provide a safe space for you to express and handle conflict comfortably.
- Improve communication skills between parents so you feel more like a team.
- Learn to become your child or teen’s emotional coach.
- Support you as you explore and then talk about major life events or changes, including illness and divorce with your kids.
- Offer counseling, support and resources for parents and families and their gender expansive children and teens.
- Explore and create meaningful family rituals.
As a family systems therapist, I also specialize in helping adults with their family relationships. Here’s how I can help:
- Assist and support adult children of parents who exhibit toxic behavior
- Offer counseling and support to interfaith couples and families.
- Support you as you discuss and problem-solve changes and major life events.
- Forge stronger and healthier family relationships.
- Heal past hurts and create more positive connections with adult family members.
- Provide a safe space for you to process, express and handle feelings more comfortably.
By focusing on you and your unique situation, we can create the space for you and your family to thrive.
I believe that we are all doing the best we can and that sometimes we just need a little help. Let’s talk about how I can help you. I value gender, sexual, racial, class, disability and religious/spiritual identity.
Setting up your first appointment is easy. Just call/text me at 202-215-2790 or email me at JKogan@Jennifer Kogan.com. You can also contact me here.