Are you a therapist in need of support? As a clinician myself, I know first-hand how much energy it takes to work as a helping professional, especially in these challenging times. My unique position as a therapist with twenty+ years of clinical experience in the DC area and as founder of DCTherapistConnect, allows me to meet you wherever you are on your path as a clinician. Therapists contact me for support, counseling and professional guidance. Counseling and coaching can be customized based on your specific needs. Services are provided in a variety of ways via video, phone, email or text.
Below are some ways I can help you:
- being with and managing our own anxiety, depression and intense feelings as we help others
- processing and working through life events while working or beginning to work as a therapist
- assessing where to put energy and interest when starting out as a therapist
- balancing work and family at all stages of career
- self-care and self-compassion throughout the life and work cycle
- new mom/dad and parenting support and counseling
- client growth strategies
- social media savvy
- practice management skills
- editing and writing expertise
- launching or re-launching a practice in the DC area
- building a collaborative practice
- transitioning practice focus to a new area of expertise
- returning from new parent leave or sabbatical, retirement and succession planning
“Jen has been such a valuable resource and mentor for me as I have developed my practice. She has a keen talent for asking the right questions to prompt forward progress at a comfortable, yet motivating pace. Jen knows how to tune in and nurture that inner strength, empowering professionals to challenge themselves and step into the next chapter of developing their practice with targeted positive energy. Jen is warm, down-to-earth, and you will feel her in your corner.”
~ Emily Griffin, LICSW
“Meeting Jen was just wanted I needed to figure out how to re-enter the working world, after taking several years off to be home full-time with my children. She is warm, kind and practical- and I definitely left our meetings with knowledge and confidence that I hadn’t walked in with. Jen also helped me network with colleagues in the field- and I am happy to say that I am in my third year of work with an employer with whom she connected me.”
~ Kathy Voglmayr, LCSW-C
Contact me to learn more about my counseling and coaching services.
*Note: Jen Kogan’s psychotherapy/counseling and coaching services are not clinical supervision (although referrals can be made to other therapists in the area who offer supervision as part of their work).
I value gender, sexual, racial, class, disability and religious/spiritual identity. We are all doing the best we can and that sometimes we just need a little help. Let’s talk about how I can help you. Just call/text me at 514-386-9921 or email me at JKogan@Jennifer Kogan.com. You can also contact me here. If you are in need of a referral, I am very happy to connect you to the resources you need.