Information, support and connections for you
- Self-Compassion by Kristin Neff
- Fierce Self-Compassion: How women can harness kindness to speak up, claim their power, and thrive by Kristin Neff
- True Refuge by Tara Brach
- Radical Compassion: Learning to love yourself and your world with the practice of RAIN by Tara Brach
- How to be nice to yourself: The everyday guide to self-compassion by Laura R. Silberstein-Tirch
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Presence – A guide to transforming your most challenging emotions by Ann Weiser Cornell
- It didn’t start with you: How inherited family trauma shapes who we are and how to end the cycle by Mark Wolynn
- Eight Dates: Essential Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by John Gottman, Julie Schwartz Gottman, Doug Abrams, Rachel Carlton Abrams
- The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John Gottman
- And Baby Makes Three by John Gottman & Julie Schwartz Gottman
- How to improve your marriage without talking about it by Pat Love and Steve Stosny
- Love, Honor and Negotiate by Betty Carter
- The Dance of Connection by Harriet Lerner
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel J Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- Mojomom by Amy Tiemann
- Between Parent and Child by Haim Ginott
- How to talk so kids will listen and listen so kids will talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
Sites/Blogs to Explore
- Self-Compassion – A Healthier Way of Relating to Yourself with Kristin Neff
- Mindful Self-Compassion – Meditations and information with Christopher Germer
- Tara Brach — Free audiotalks and guided imagery recordings
- Brene Brown –
- Momastery with Glennon Doyle
- Ten Percent Happier – Meditation for fidgety skeptics
- Insighttimer – Meditations for anxiety, stress & sleep
- Gottman Institute Relationship Blog
- Aha Parenting
- Well/Family: NY Times
Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) Site & Books
- The Highly Sensitive Person
- The Highly Sensitive Person
- The Highly Sensitive Person in Love
- The Highly Sensitive Parent
Resources for those coping with toxic relationships
- Out of the Fog For family/loved ones who are in relationship with someone who has a personality disorder.
- Dodging Energy Vampires
- The Covert Passive Aggressive Narcissist
- Children of the Self-Absorbed
- Will I Ever Be Good Enough
- Stop Walking on Eggshells
Washington DC, Vermont and National Resources
- Interfaith Families Project (IFFP) an independent community of interfaith families and others committed to sharing, learning about, and celebrating their Jewish and Christian traditions. It is the only interfaith organization of its kind in the country.
- PFlag – Parents, families, friends and allies united with LGBTQ people to move equality forward. PFlag has local chapters which hold support groups & much more.
- TransparentDC – Support and community for parents of gender expansive/trans kids and teens
- Whitman-Walker – Medical, legal and community services for LGBTQ individuals and families
- Outright Vermont – Outright Vermont is a 501(c)(3) non-profit under federal and state regulations. Since 1989, we have been building hope, equity, and power with LGBTQ+ youth in Vermont.
- Community Health Center of Burlington – Provides exceptional health care to people of all ages, backgrounds, and life circumstances.
- DC Birth Doulas — Birth doulas and childbirth classes
- GW DC Midwives – Midwifery Services at GW/Medical Faculty Associates
- Mindful Return – Plan a peaceful, thoughtful, and successful return to work after maternity leave. Community & e-course
- PACE — New Moms support group in DC area
- Postpartum Support International — Organization that increases awareness about the emotional changes that women experience during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Washington, DC Postpartum Support
- Vermont Postpartum Support
I am happy to offer referrals to other professionals. Just get in touch and we can discuss.