Interested in Interfaith Pre-Marital & Marriage Counseling? As a couple and family therapist, I can tell you that what matters most is how well you know yourself and your partner. Additionally, How you communicate with each other about what is important to you is a real skill which can be developed.
Why try interfaith pre-marital & marriage counseling?
- You love each other but want to make sure you’re ready to create a life together.
- You’re committed to making your relationship work.
- You’re considering marriage.
- You’re an interfaith couple looking for answers.
How Interfaith Pre-Marital & Marriage Counseling Can Help You:
- Offer strategies to communicate with your mate effectively about your your hopes for the future, your religion, and other issues.
- Provide tools to handle family members on both sides who may not understand your situation.
- Explore how to plan for and raise children.
- Create a joyful home and family incorporating a shared and meaningful mission.
- Connect you to interfaith family resources and community.
INTERFAITH COUPLES: You are not alone. Others have struggled with this issue and resolved it happily. In fact, it is absolutely possible to create a home and family that incorporates more than one faith. In the DC-area, there is also a community for you to learn from and join so you don’t feel alone in your struggle.
PREMARITAL COUPLES: The Gottman Method For Healthy Relationships offers the Sound Relationship House to give newly engaged couples skills to:
- Increase respect, affection, and closeness
- Break through and resolve conflict when they feel stuck
- Generate greater understanding between partners
- Keep conflict discussions calm
Interfaith/Pre-marital & Marriage Counseling usually last 1- 4 sessions depending on the situation. As a couple and family therapist, I believe it is important and helpful to take a look at the family that we each grew up in. We all adapt in some way in our first family and bring some of that into our relationship.
One way I work with couples is through the use of Gottman Couples Therapy. I have completed level 1, 2 and 3 of this couple treatment method. This is a research based, goal-oriented approach to help you arrive at a more fulfilling and healthy relationship.
Interfaith/Premarital & Marriage counseling is a highly engaging and effective way to help couples get back to the heart of their relationship. We start with the places you find common ground (your foundation) and then take action to create more connection and possibilities for your life together.
I value gender, sexual, racial, class, disability and religious/spiritual identity. Give me a call at 202-215-2790 or email me at JKogan@Jennifer Kogan.com so we can talk about how I can help you. You can also contact me here.