I am the proud founder of DCTherapistConnect (DCTC), a referral and networking group of more than 1200 psychotherapists in the greater Washington, DC area. DCTC originated in 2008 as a group for mothers who were also psychotherapists and was called DCTherapistmoms. In 2012, I decided to expand the group to become more inclusive of therapists who are not parents themselves.
Because we pride ourselves on our inclusive and welcoming culture, it seemed clear that the group should also embrace a new name, DCTherapistConnect. As therapists and helping professionals, our goal is to learn, support, and pool our knowledge, training, and resources in order to learn from and assist each other and our clients.
Members give and receive (non-judgmental and confidential) feedback on clinical and work-life balance issues, participate in workshops, classes, and CEU trainings. The process of growing a practice is viewed as a core area we can all use help with and we are supportive of everyone’s efforts to do so. A culture of compassion and growth is respected and upheld.
As a safe, nurturing space for psychotherapists in all stages of their careers, DCTherapistConnect requires potential members to request to join our Google group. Visit that page here.
Members of the DCTherapistConnect community enjoy access to the following:
- A digital community of colleagues for instant feedback, resource sharing and client referrals
- In-person members-only networking groups and gatherings across the region
- A personalized blogging platform to share research findings, case studies and other related content
- A private Facebook page has been created so members can connect in more than one way
- Workshops and CEU classes facilitated by experts on psychotherapy, the business side of private practice, blogging, practice building and more.
- Private practice coaching services
If you are a psychotherapist, please contact Willa Day Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about DCTherapistConnect’s Google group/community.